Psycho's Secret Asylum

I'm Not Really THAT Crazy... Right?

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Don't Steal XP Or... We'll... Keep Warning You!

Sounds dumb but it's true. Microsoft is warning people with illegal copies of Windows XP. Now, so far the software that checks the legality of your copy of XP is voluntary, but soon it will be mandatory. But so far, Windows new anti-piracy software does nothing to prevent piracy. It checks if your copy is legal, but then it simply tells you if your XP is legal or not and then simply warns that you should get a legal copy. Now here comes the kicker. If your copy isn't legal, they offer you a discounted copy. To me that's great. If I can't afford XP I'll just steal it and get a discounted copy! Or if I don't care it's stolen simply deal with the warnings Microsoft sends me.

But personally I don't understand why big businesses hate piracy so much. I understand it makes them lose money but to lose maybe a thousand dollars when you earn approximately one billion dollars a second, I don't think that's really a problem, that's just greedy. These businesses really need to shape up and understand that they have more than enough financial cushion to survive.

1 Comments:

  • "..., thats just greedy."
    theres your answer.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home